General β€” TransplantLyfe

General

Happy Thanksgiving!

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
November 22, 2023 in General

Wishing each and every one of you a Thanksgiving filled with warmth, gratitude, and gentle moments. In this season of thanks, may the spirit of resilience and the gift of second chances be at the heart of your celebrations.

To the donors, recipients, and all those who support this community, your strength and compassion are the true reasons for gratitude. May your tables be surrounded by love, your hearts filled with appreciation, and your journeys marked by hope.

Happy Thanksgiving to this incredible community, where the gift of life is both given and received with open hearts.

1 - 11 of 11 Replies

• coopscadoopTransplant Patient

Well said and deeply felt, @Karin. Thankful to be a part of this community of heroes, warriors, and curious people!

November 22, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

I have to agree Karin that was beautifully said. I cannot believe I have been a part of Transplantlyfe life for 2yrs. πŸ’šπŸ’•

I am so grateful thankful🍁🦬

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

November 22, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

So beautifully said Karin. I seem appreciate Thanksgiving and all the holidays a bit more than I use to. I try now to slow down and take one day at a time and I do treasure every minute with family friends. Without a doubt I would not be here today without my special gift from my donor. I love being a part of this special Transplantlyfe family πŸ’š

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

November 23, 2023

πŸ’šβ€οΈπŸ’šβ€οΈ I feel the same Deb.

November 23, 2023
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It always has been. I think it could have something to do with my father working retail when I was growing up, and we spent the entire day together on Thanksgiving and then I didn't get to see him again until Christmas, really. Thanksgiving has always been a day full of family, no pressure of gifts, or anything extravagant. It is where I learned to cook from scratch, made so many memories, and had the opportunity to just be with my family in our very busy lives. When I was diagnosed with CKD Thanksgiving felt a little different for me, and then after my transplant Thanksgiving has really become something special for me. My favorite holiday has deep meaning, and I am so Thankful for another opportunity to celebrate with the important people in my life. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. I thought of everyone the week of Thanksgiving and held a special place for you at our family table.

November 28, 2023

Tservold Thank you so much for sharing your Thanksgiving story and a place for all of us.

It’s a special holiday for me also.

November 28, 2023
  • Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and you were able to spend some time with those you love. Also dont forget to find time for yourself.

November 28, 2023
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

I too hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, no matter who it was spent with.

Mine was low key, but really nice. These days it's rare that I get to see both my daughters - but, during this Thanksgiving break it happened!!

I'm extremely lucky, eternally grateful and completely blessed because the amazing Gift of Life was available for me, and I could spend another Thanksgiving with my loved ones. πŸ™

Attaching a pic.....

November 30, 2023
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Love the pic @Sdey0522 !!

November 30, 2023
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Thank you @TServold - I thought about all my fellow transplant heroes as well! Xx

November 30, 2023

Hi Sdey, yes we all r so blessed, you look so happy w/your daughters I am so glad you have themπŸ™πŸ»πŸ’š

November 30, 2023