General

LyfeTalks Balancing Gratitude and Grief

Ldybug97Transplant Patient
May 30, 2024 in General

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

🧡🧡🧡

this is literally my favourite thing to talk about. Acknowledging the grief, and the hard parts of the journey, and feeling your feelings, is vital to recovering well, in my opinion, and thriving post transplant. What we go through is inherently traumatic, and if we don’t acknowledge that and pair it with the gratitude I know we all feel, we’re cutting ourselves off from a big part of the story

May 30, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

I was at my transplant center this morning talking to my social worker. This was the topic about gratitude and grief. I remember speaking to her after Transplant telling her how grateful I was. Today I was telling her I remember waiting for the call to get my Transplant and once I got that call, everyone was celebrating. I said wait there is a family mourning at this time that we are celebrating. I often have the guilt of living but I try to hold onto the fact that my donor chose to help someone. Over the past 15 months it’s been emotional roller coaster. I have chosen to make it a celebration of life on both sides. I will celebrate the fact that I can live, and I will celebrate the fact that, my donor was an amazing person and the fact that I’m living I can spread iMessage of hope to others and my donors memory continues to live on.

May 30, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

the line Alisha says. "hey, you might have really big feelings". That was such a missing piece of my pre-transplant prep. Knowing that and how to manage that.

May 31, 2024