General

Resiliency

Ldybug97Transplant Patient
Updated August 15, 2024 in General

This reminded me of all of the members of our community.. You are amazing

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I needed this reminder. Its so easy to beat myself up, to think I should be doing more than I am or I should be feeling X.

My current reminder to myself is that it's ok to be human. I'm allowed to be exactly where I am, and where I am is pretty amazing

August 15, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

@AliEm14 We actually need to tattoo it to the brain. I remember when I had to retire and I just wanted to live life despite being on Dialysis. No one could tell me I wasn’t gonna do something but then my body told me that I wasn’t going to do it. I have learned to take it one day at a time. I’ll get done what I can. If I can’t there is always tomorrow.

August 15, 2024
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

So important to applaud ourselves - hard for me - the way we were raised does play a role! Thank you @Ldybug97

August 21, 2024

@Karin Sometimes we need others to encourage us. We all have a resilient mindset. It just sometimes we feel the circumstances are more than what we think we can handle.

August 21, 2024
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

So true @Ldybug97 - I hate the feeling of being overwhelmed and when that happens I normally create lists and tick off what I actually have done

August 21, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

Reading this makes me feel a bit more positive today. Thanks!!

August 21, 2024

@Deb I lookup Resiliency quotes everyday. I have quotes in different parts of my apartment so that it’s a constant reminder of positivity. My favorite one says You’ve Got This and my water bottle says just do it I hope your week continues to stay positive

August 21, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

Great idea!! I will check some out myself. I always did that for my students who had trouble some days but never thought about it for myself. Thanks!!!!

August 22, 2024
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

For me it is “chin up” and “never give up”

August 22, 2024