General — TransplantLyfe

General

Is it worth the fight - YES

KarinTransplant Patient
April 21, 2021 in General

Sometimes I wonder why I fight so hard? Should we just let nature have its way with us and allow for Darwinian selection and allow the weak to be removed?

It only takes a micro second or so for me to negate those feelings and get back into the fight - because that is what life is for all of us - a journey maybe but one w many hills and hurdles - to me it is worth it when I feel good and when I make someone laugh, when I see a response in the eyes of another person and when I feel needed and loved. That is worth the pain and that is why science and medicine are so important to me - allowing us all to feel good at least some times and during those maybe brief moments of peace / feel part of something bigger.

Tagged:

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• [Deleted User]Transplant Patient
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    April 21, 2021
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I have those moments too. I think we are designed to be here. Transplant recipients, I think have a special love for life that radiates to everyone else. We have been so close and have come to terms with facing death and the sudden turn-around of being given a second chance to live is very powerful to show the world some extra gratitude and love.

April 21, 2021
  • KarinTransplant Patient

lately I have just become so disappointed in people - how bad they can be, how evil and how selfish. Take the Derek chauvin trial and think back of what he did - how can a man do that to another man? Why do Taliban men rape little girls and why do seemingly nice people mistreat their children or bully their spouses. Mankind is not just good and I have always lived my life believing it ultimately is - only lately have I been corrected so many times I give up a little bit on our fellow humans?

April 21, 2021
  • [Deleted User]Transplant Patient
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    April 21, 2021
  • KarinTransplant Patient

Thank you @Doublelung - appreciate your comments and will connect 1x1!

April 21, 2021
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I hear you about this! I will become very overwhelmed and full of anxiety about all the bad things in the world. It makes me so sad. It is about the time I disconnect from the news and social media a bit. It is hard when it is always in our faces. I think our medications can make us hypersensitive to all of it in the world. When I feel like this I do a media including social media cleanse. I spend a day reading books or go on a long hike without my phone. It seems to help.

April 22, 2021