TransplantLyfe β€” TransplantLyfe

Heart

World Heart Day - Sep.29th

Sdey0522Expert
Transplant Patient
Updated September 30, 2026 in Heart

Today is πŸ’• #WorldHeartDay πŸ’ž and the theme for 2026 is:

🌟 "Don't miss a beat". 🌟 

My hope is that everyone will take #HeartHealth seriously, and make sure that they have their annual checkups with their healthcare providers. Even sooner than yearly follow-ups are recommended if there are "risk factors" involved. #heartdisease is STILL is the #1 killer in the πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ. 

In the recording below, I share my #heart #transplant #journey:

πŸ“Ή: ➑️  https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=0J_Da836vFc

It's ironic that over 3 years ago (at the time of this recording), I had mentioned "#kidneytransplant . As most of you know, I am now in #kidneyfailure , and indeed I'll require a kidney to live. When the time is right, I hope to find a live kidney donor hero. 🀞 πŸ™

πŸ’™ #donatelife πŸ’š to make the ♻️ #giftoflife βœ…️ possible.

#OrganDonation + #Transplantation = #Miracles πŸ’―


1 - 2 of 2 Replies

  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

    I remember when I first met my nephrologist 30 years ago. He told me, “Your heart and your kidneys are best friends.” That has always stayed with me, and I’ve kept heart health in mind as part of caring for my kidney.

    Sam, I’m so sorry you’re now facing kidney failure. You’re such a wonderful advocate, and I’m hopeful that a living donor will come forward for you. Have you created a microsite through the National Kidney Registry (NKR)? I’d be happy to share it on my social media to help spread the word. 

    September 30, 2026
  • DomTransplant Patient

    Thank you for sharing this! Indeed, heart health is so so important, especially for all of us transplant folks. Keeping my toes and fingers crossed for you and also more than happy to help spread the word!

    September 30, 2026
Sign In or Register to comment.