Heart — TransplantLyfe

Heart

Multiple Heart Transplants

BMont81Transplant Patient
June 5, 2021 in Heart

Good afternoon. Just wondering how many out there have had two heart transplants like me. I had my first in 1990 and my second in 2011. Had one major rejection issue 5 years after my first, otherwise I’ve had zero rejection with either since. I’ve been followed by multiple TX teams from Chicago to Madison and now Vanderbilt in Nashville, even though I moved back to Chicago a few years ago. I’m always interested in hearing how others are doing, I’m now married with two kids, all happening after my Second transplant.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

That's amazing! Liver transplant here so I can't relate to the double heart transplant, but it's awesome to hear you're doing well. The fact that you created such a beautiful life and family post transplant is inspiring to people like me not quite as far along on the journey

June 7, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

I had a heart transplant in 2003 and I’m currently back on the list for a second. Thank you for sharing your success post 2nd transplant. Gives me hope!

June 7, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient
  • Denise_RTransplant Patient

Your story is so inspiring to me. I'm three years out from my heart transplant, and know that #2 might be on the table for me at some point, so seeing people who are thriving after two is so great! Thank you for starting this conversation!

June 8, 2021
  • HnmccannCare Partner

My husband has had two heart transplants. One in MA and the second in NC at Duke. We are coming up on the 5 year anniversary of the second. So grateful for every day, and loving our life together.

June 19, 2021
  • BrucePTransplant Patient

I feel the same way. So grateful to God that 12 years ago I received a life saving heart transplant. We have now had a total of 4 heart transplants in our family involving both myself and two of our children. So thankful to God.

November 10, 2021