General — TransplantLyfe

General

Reaching 20 years AGAIN!

2xKidneytxTransplant Patient
November 19, 2021 in General

On Nov 26 2021 I will have my non-living kidney TX for 20 years! My first kidney transplant was in 1978. I was just a child born with Kidney Disease. It failed in 2001! Now I would love to celebrate this 20 years. What have all of you done for your anniversaries?

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

• Sharon44Transplant Patient

I've also had my non-living kidney transplant for 20 years. So worth celebrating! I celebrate March 2 every year as my 2nd Birthday. I share it with friends and family, treat myself with something special, have a big glass of water remembering 3 1/2 years on dialysis, look out at the world with gratitude. Sometimes I write an anonymous letter of thanks to the donor family through an organization in Ann Arbor. It doesn't take much, but it's also worth a great big blowout if you're so inclined. Congratulations!

November 19, 2021
  • 2xKidneytxTransplant Patient

Thanks so much. it's nice to know there are others like me!

November 19, 2021
  • 2xKidneytxTransplant Patient

Thank you so much! I am in awe with the transplant world aa it was and is today. I remind myself the entire month of November.

November 19, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

Congratulations! That is awesome. I always celebrate by honoring my donor and doing something for the community.

November 19, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Congratulations on 20 years! That is a HUGE milestone! I hope you celebrate it and how far you’ve come

November 19, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Congrats!! I am approaching 13 for my first one so this gives me hope!!

November 21, 2021
  • hazzlerTransplant Patient

Congratulations 2xKidneytx! You have had quite a ride! 🙂 I have a living related kidney from my big sister. I celebrate a little differently every year (sometimes with a big group, sometimes with just my wife and son) but I always thank her for this gift of life. I celebrated 32 years this past August so your story gives me hope for more years. Enjoy your Anniversary!

November 21, 2021
  • Piney1147Care Partner

Congratulations.

December 10, 2021
  • TinaBaliveTransplant Patient

Massive congratulations!!

I celebrated my 10 years post heart & bilateral lung tx this year! I habe been planning the party for 3 years and then COVID hit! So as you can imagine everything got cancelled. Mt fiancé took me to lunch at one of our favourite restaurants to mark the day.

I hope whatever you chose to do, you had a wonderful time!

December 12, 2021