General — TransplantLyfe

General

Xmas trauma

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
December 28, 2021 in General

How was your Xmas?? In my case it has been surprisingly free of personal trauma but full of second derivative messiness!

cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• MarkliveTransplant Patient

Not sure what that is?

December 28, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

People around me were complicated and created drama but I was simply an observer this time!

December 29, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

My Christmas was full of feelings. It’s the first one I’ve spent at home in a long time (both pre and post transplant). Somehow everyone I knew (or at least it felt like) decided to announce pregnancies on Christmas. Which dealing with infertility due to my medical conditions was really rough.

my sister also came home for Christmas and aside from our personality differences and her newfound hobby of recreational drugs, she also doesn’t abide by the same Covid safety protocols my husband and I do. So that was also challenging, going between feeling like I was overreacting and like I wasn’t being respected.

leave it to the holidays to bring up the feels in everyone

December 29, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

Low key Christmas on my end. My sister had to join via FaceTime because she had a cold and didn’t want to share her germs. I always appreciate the holidays that are quiet and small.

December 31, 2021
  • lescp3Care Partner

To me, this was definitely the holiday of flexibility. Plans were changing constantly (due to new Dx's) but it was time to focus on finding the good in it all - the deep, caring relationships around me - with family and friends.

January 4, 2022
  • AliEM14, My wife and I dealt with infertility first then transplant later. And the announcements from our close friends were received with smiles on our faces and daggers to our hearts. I feel you. But, this spring after 21 years on dialysis and a couple of kidney transplants, we’ll be watching our youngest of two, our daughter, graduate from high school.

Wishing each of you the best for 2022.

January 10, 2022