General — TransplantLyfe

General

This summer..

Sdey0522Expert
Transplant Patient
June 24, 2022 in General

Please be careful. The threat / concern is real.

#summervibes #summer #skincare #transplantjourney #awareness #protection #transplantstrong #skincareroutine #cancer #cancerawareness

#skincancer #Warning 

1 - 11 of 11 Replies

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

This was me a few months ago - skin cancer!!!

June 24, 2022
  • Porsche1990Transplant Patient

I'm 9.5 years out from my liver transplant. I have had 2 "mohs" surgeries on my scalp. I am spot checked every 4 months by the dermatologist. Everyone be diligent about your skin care. Wear sun screen.

I hope your doing well.

June 24, 2022
  • StaceywrightTransplant Patient

Wow! I had no idea the percentage of sun cancer was so high! Doctors have mentioned that I’d be more at risk after transplant but nothing like up to 80% of immunosuppressed patient with skin cancer at 20 years. Thanks for the warning. I live in FL and am in the sun year round. I only wear sunscreen if I’ll be out for an extended duration. I can see that will have to change - and hats will be my new best friend. My scalp burns easily.

June 24, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Thanks @JimGleason_TRIO

Good resource for the #transplant #community ✔️

June 26, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Indeed, @Staceywright - your new BFF is mine too! 👍

June 26, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Porsche1990 , Thank you for sharing your experience & for the tips !

What are your plans to celebrate your 10th Liverversary ? 🎉 🙏

#stayhealthy

June 26, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Karin - thank you so much for sharing about your experience with the beast 😥 . We all hope you won't have any more encounters with it. 🤞 🙏 🍀

June 26, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Are there stats for this based on country? I’m curious if countries where it’s colder/less sun have lower rates than places where it’s warmer and people are potentially getting more sun.

June 27, 2022
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I live in San Diego. So this is a year round issue. I wear sunscreen every day. I get yearly skin check by my Dermatologist. And if I'm going to be in the sun for a while I wear UV clothing. I also have Lupus so UV clothing is popular as to not cause a flare. They do have cute UV clothing on Amazon.

August 5, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Glad to hear @Jeanmarie 👍

Did you partake in the Games this year?

August 9, 2022