General — TransplantLyfe

General

Green shirt day

AklowakTransplant Patient
February 24, 2023 in General

April 7th is Green shirt day in Canada- “a special day to celebrate the Logan Boulet effect, and celebrate organ donations and awareness in Canada” (more information can be found at www.greenshirtday.ca ) an amazing woman and fellow transplant recipient has designed this years Green Shirt that will be sold to raise funds for the cause. see story here

this movement and awareness that started with an absolutely horrible tragedy and loss of life, has brought organ donation registration to some of the highest numbers we have seen in my area. I am grateful for this campaign and curious how other countries and communities raise awareness for organ donation efforts?

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• That's cool. I don't live in Canada but my parents are Canadian so I put on my calerdar to wear green with you!

February 25, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

April is celebration of Life picnic for Recipients/Donor Families, we also wear our t shirts which an artist designs each year and we to celebrate 💚💚 green and it is organ donor awareness as well💚💚 I will wear my green also on April 7th proudly to.

I live in the USA

February 25, 2023
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

I love that! I’m the US, but I’m going to put this date on my calendar here!

February 26, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

Such wonderful ideas. I will have to mark this date on my calendar and buy a green shirt!!!

February 26, 2023
  • Philipjones17Transplant Patient

I have a number of friends that live in canada so ill rock green with you on that day.

February 26, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I love green shirt day! Every year I try to reach out to local media, influencers, businesses... where I live to raise awareness for organ donation and transplantation. I love that this is something TransplantLyfe can also be a part of. Thanks for sharing!

February 27, 2023