General — TransplantLyfe

General

Brand New LIVE Conversation on Zoom Today with Denise Redeker

ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient
March 16, 2023 in General

JOIN LIVE by signing up here

@Denise_R Denise will be speaking about equity in housing post-transplant with fellow transplant recipient Sheri Johnson at 5 pm ET. Don't miss it! You can ask your questions LIVE during their conversation on Zoom.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

• Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Wow! Thanks for posting this @Shelbycreates 👍

Looking forward to this session with @Denise_R - it should be awesome! She's doing wonderful work for the transplant community.

This topic also ties into another recent discussion topic on this TransplantLyfe portal ⬇️

https://transplantlyfe.com/discussion/775/being-listed-for-a-transplant-at-multiple-centers#latest

March 16, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I'm really intrigued by this. Living outside the US, I feel like our set up for things like housing post transplant differs and I'm not as familiar with the barriers that communities like the one Denise serves are experiencing. I'm excited to learn more

March 16, 2023
  • Denise_RTransplant Patient

Looking forward to this important conversation. Barriers to transplant come in a lot of different forms and housing is an important one!

March 16, 2023
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

@AliEm14 yes, I was chatting with @Denise_R about this yesterday. Was your post transplant housing dorm style or individual?

March 16, 2023
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

@Denise_R I couldn’t agree more!

March 16, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Shelbycreates both! They had transplant outpatient housing in the dorms, which was full when I had my transplant, and apartments across the street, which is where we stayed. For anyone pediatric there was also Ronald McDonald house close by.

March 16, 2023
  • Denise_RTransplant Patient

Interested in hearing everyone's thoughts who made it to the webinar!

March 16, 2023
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Great, informative webinar @Denise_R ! 👍

For anyone who missed the webinar, please be sure to watch the recording:

https://www.transplantlyfe.com/webinars

March 22, 2023