General — TransplantLyfe

General

How do you keep going?

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
May 4, 2023 in General

Someone on the Lyfebulb Instagram shared a response to a story yesterday saying they find it hard to keep going after failed attempts and transplants.

it got me thinking - for those of you who have experienced failed treatments or who are currently on a waiting list or even now - what are things you use to help you keep going?

i remember in my darkest days when I felt like I couldn’t keep going and everything felt hopeless, I would focus on one day at a time. I allowed myself as many treats as I wanted, whether that was a hot bath or watching cartoons. And I relied heavily on my support people

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

• ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

I think for me personally, I just didn’t feel like I had a choice. I had kids that needed me and so I had to get up and go, even when I didn’t feel like it. I will say my guilty pleasures during my most challenging times were watching “Bones”, “House”, “Criminal Minds”, and “Law and Order”. 🤣🤣

In all seriousness though, I turned to my faith and my relationship with Jesus Christ. I know that’s not for everyone, but having a strong connection with the Divine has always been really important to me, and it’s the first place I go when life feels too challenging to handle.

I also have created a good support network wherever we’ve moved, and that has been key as well.

May 8, 2023