General β€” TransplantLyfe

General

June 6th - πŸ’™πŸŒŽπŸ’š World Transplant Day!

Sdey0522Expert
Transplant Patient
June 6, 2023 in General

June 6th is designated as

πŸ’™πŸŒŽπŸ’š World Transplant Day!

Congratulations to ALL Transplant Recipients around 🌎.

Best wishes for all Transplant Candidates /patients around the 🌎.

Gratitude for all medical professionals and staff who make transplants possible.

Grateful to ALL donor heroes and for ALL the amazing Donor Families, everywhere. #Transplantstrong #TransplantLyfe

#organdonation

+

#Transplantation

=

#Miracles πŸ’―

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I love the awareness being brought to transplantation. While I think it's amazing we're highlighting the success stories and the gratitude, I think it's equally important to bring awareness to the reality of life post transplant, and that it's not always easy or miraculous. When I was waiting for my transplant, and even now, I saw a lot of positive transplant experiences, which while wonderful did not prepare me for what ended up happening. I felt like there was something wrong with me that I didn't have a shiny happy story.

It's why I feel so passionately today about advocating not only for transplant awareness but also talking about the hard parts, acknowledging the reality of it.

June 7, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi, thank you for sharing Sdey amen to all transplant patients it is definitely a journey. To all the Doctors/Nurses who helped us get our TP’sπŸ’šβ€οΈπŸ’™

marked this day in the calendar😊

June 7, 2023