Heart — TransplantLyfe

Heart

Welcome! Let introduce ourselves...

ChefAmandaTransplant Patient
November 25, 2020 in Heart

Hey Everyone! My name is Amanda and I had a heart transplant 17 years ago. I am currently back on the list for a second heart and a kidney this time. I love cooking, traveling, reading and baking sweet treats. I also have a podcast with my best friend called Unfiltered Survivors.

I wanted to open this discussion to allow people to introduce themselves and learn about each other. I’m excited to share our experiences and learn from everyone.

1 - 30 of 47 Replies

• Denise_RTransplant Patient

Hi Amanda! My name is Denise and I received my new heart in January of 2018. I’ve founded a nonprofit called Heartfelt Help Foundation to assist Bay Area transplant recipients with their medically required post transplant housing expenses. Our website is www.heartfelthelpfoundation.com

When I’m not working on the foundation I love hiking and baking!

looking forward to learning more about all of you!

November 25, 2020
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

Hello Denise! It’s so nice to meet you!

I see you like to bake sweet treats as well.

November 25, 2020

Hi Amanda! Happy Giving Tuesday! Love this forum! And yes! This is my season! Made toffee and granola yesterday, gingersnaps and peanut brittle are on the to do list for today! That is around the Heartfelt Help Foundation work to be done today!

December 1, 2020
  • cuore1399Transplant Patient

Hello Ladies , It is nice to meet you both. I had a heart transplant 22 years ago

December 3, 2020

Well hello! 22 years ago! Wow! That's #goals for me! How are you doing? How old were you when you received your new heart? So happy you're here!

December 3, 2020

Hello Ladies , It is nice to meet you both. I had a heart transplant 22 years ago. I am doing extremely well Thank God!!! I was diagnosed when I was 28 with Dilated Cardiomyopathy and Left Ventricular Arrhythmia and got transplanted when I was 31.

December 3, 2020

So glad you're doing well! I had cardiomyopathy too, I was diagnosed with post partum cardiomyopathy, but I think I had it my whole life. You know Amanda and I like to bake, and I do nonprofit work. What keeps you busy? Looking forward to getting to know you better!

December 3, 2020

I work fulltime from home in Clinical Research and Development . I love to cook and bake as well. I enjoy the beach, outdoor activities and I love , love dogs I have 5 of them all rescues

December 3, 2020

That's fantastic! What type of research? I love the beach and hiking so much! I love dogs, but don't currently have any. We camp a lot too. Stay safe!

December 3, 2020
  • maanasTransplant Patient

Hi everyone my name is maanas. I had my transplant 5 months ago.It was very sudden i came into the hospital with total organ failure. I am PhD student and I love to read fantasy novels and travel( though can't travel for now).My heart transplant journey has been very turbulent. It is nice to find someone i can talk who went through a similar experience.

December 9, 2020

Welcome Maanas! Wow! You have had a wild ride to this point. What is your PhD in? I love to travel and hope to again someday too! How are you feeling today? We're always happy to chat about our experience and what we're doing today!

December 9, 2020
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Hello all:

This is Sam. I'm a lucky heart recipient blessed with the gift of life on April 20, 2015 at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore. I'm #forevergrateful to my #donorhero & donor family. My mission in life is to pay it forward to the organ transplantation and donation communities, in anyway possible.

Nice to be here. Please feel free to connect with me. My contact information is below:

Thank you.

Sam Dey

Email: samedey@gmail.com

Register to #DonateLife [https://registerme.org]

Follow me ➡️

Twitter: https://twitter.com/dey_sj

LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/samdey

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/sjDey

TRIO Link: https://www.trioweb.org/about/trio-board/item/samdey.html

December 9, 2020

Well hi Sam, welcome! We are already connected on FB, I believe! You're three years ahead of me, but we share the same desire to pay it forward. So excited to connect here and share stories!

Denise

December 9, 2020
  • meghansmithTransplant Patient

Hi Sam! Welcome! While not a heart recipient, I am a fellow Marylander!

December 10, 2020

Hello Sam!

Welcome and nice to meet you! I look forward to getting to know you better.

December 10, 2020

hello! Wow! Congratulations on your 22 years! That is so amazing!

December 10, 2020

Hello Maanas! Welcome! I’m so excited to get to know you better.

December 10, 2020

I also look forward to knowing everyone in the group

December 11, 2020

Maanas, Welcome to the group. If there is anything you want to know or anything I can do to help please let me know

December 11, 2020

I'm so grateful we've got a few people in this group! Community is so important in this transplant adventure! What is the thing you're most grateful for in this weird year? For me, it's the opportunity to start a nonprofit to help other recipients and to share my story with so many! Look forward to hearing from you all!

December 11, 2020
  • ShellyoTransplant Patient

Hello everyone my name is Shelly and I had my heart transplant on March 3/2018. I liked to bake as well. I like to walk, do aerobics and have started doing yoga. I have a one year old puppy who I like to take for walks. I volunteer with our Heartlinks Group and Donor awareness groups. Glad to meet everyone.

December 11, 2020

Hey Shelly! Welcome! My transplant was 1/31/18 - we're almost transplant twins! What kind of puppy! I love dogs, but don't have one at the moment. Isn't the volunteer work so rewarding? It's baking season, I'm off to make some homemade granola for gifts!

Denise

December 11, 2020

Hello Shelly! We are so excited to have you here. I’m also curious what kind of puppy do you have?

December 15, 2020

Jim, Welcome to the group!! I am out 22 years with my heart transplant from Columbia Presbyterian in NYC. I would be interested in how I could help with TRIO. Regards, Erminia

December 19, 2020
  • Armin_MTransplant Patient

Hello everyone!

My name is Armin and I am a heart transplant recipient, 03/18/18, almost 3 years out. I am Senior in undergrad pursuing a degree in Biology and planning on attending medical school in the near distance future.

I am also a volunteer for my OPO and advocate for organ donation in the community. I enjoy cooking, photography, traveling and learning new things.

December 19, 2020

Armin, Good evening. Welcome to the group. Congratulations on your heart transplant I hope your doing well. Best Regards, Erminia

December 19, 2020

@JimGleason Wow! 26 years out is AMAZING! Welcome to the platform. I look forward to getting to know you and learn more about TRIO.

December 19, 2020

@Armin_M Welcome to the platform! Medical school sounds like it will be an exciting journey. Any idea which medical school you want to attend?

December 19, 2020
  • Armin_MTransplant Patient

Thank you very much! I have my options open, but my number one school would be University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, which is connected with the hospital where my I received my transplant.

December 19, 2020
    December 19, 2020