Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Ask me anything about kidney transp.

DediazabreuTransplant Patient
April 13, 2022 in Kidney

Many people ask me the reason for my ESRD and its probably 1 in a 1000 my kidneys failed due to a strep throat and a rheumatic fever i’ve been transplanted twice waiting for my third currently on dialysis after 15 years with my blessing transplant due to my rheumatic fever when i was a child i have complications with a mitral valve my first kidney donated by my mother only lasted 2 years 1/2 I didn’t take care of that kidney as i was supposed to and I suffered the Consequences it was a very hard and painful process if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me anything..

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Thanks for your words, and experience on this. Patient perspective is so important for learning more about journey phases! We are so happy to have you as part of the TransplantLyfe community

April 14, 2022
  • DediazabreuTransplant Patient

Awwwwwwww thank you seeing these words makes me feel that any one who would learn from my experiences and my mistakes can take advantage from it

April 14, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Thank you so much for sharing candidly @Dediazabreu

Best of luck to you on your #transplantjourney 👍 🍀 🙏

Ps. Where are you listed & have you begun your search for a living donor?

April 14, 2022

Hi @Sdey0522 thank you so much I really need all the luck i can get before i can get the transplant the doctors need to see how can they fix my mitral valve stenosis and if its safe for me to undergo general anesthesia.

ps. Im enlisted at NY. Presbyterian hospital bests doctors in this hospital

April 15, 2022
  • KkqueenTransplant Patient

I am currently going to NYPH Columbia bi weekly for an infusion. The best place on earth!

April 21, 2022

@Kkqueen hi kk yes i love this hospital and there staff

April 21, 2022