Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Bebtelovimab infusion

HummingbirdCare Partner
July 5, 2022 in Kidney

Hi all,

My 20 year old son who is the kidney transplant recipient tested positive for Covid yesterday and his doctor approved the monoclonal antibody treatment. I am wondering how others have responded to Covid and the Bebtelovimab infusion?

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Kim

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

• StaceywrightTransplant Patient

I’m curious as well. I’m pre-transplant, and have not had Covid. But transplant is soon. I hope your son is responding to meds and healing well.

July 6, 2022
  • HummingbirdCare Partner

Hi Stacey, thanks for the reply. He has responded well to the treatment and is feeling better and no side effects. Stay well and good luck with your upcoming transplant! 🙏❤️

July 6, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I don't have answers. I've been lucky enough to not have contracted Covid. But I am sending well wishes to you and your son, and hoping he gets better soon. Keep us posted!

July 6, 2022
  • HummingbirdCare Partner

Thank you!!!

July 6, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Hummingbird - so glad that the transplant team was consulted for guidance & they responded promptly! Early intervention is key!

Glad to hear the treatment is going well. Best wishes to your son & to all of you.

Take care.

July 11, 2022
  • Bagman12256Transplant Patient

I'm 66 years old and had a kidney transplant 18 years ago. I opted to take the MA's for my second case of Covid. Treatment was easy with no side effects. I received them on the 6th or 7th day since exposure which matters. Would do it again it needed.

Good Luck!

July 17, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

thank you for sharing, @Bagman12256 ! Congrats on being blessed with your Gift of Life for 18+ years. All the best on your Transplant Journey ahead. Stay safe & healthy.

July 18, 2022