General — TransplantLyfe

General

5 Thoughts That Will Change Your Life

ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient
August 24, 2022 in General

Hi transplant friends. I released a Youtube video this week about 5 healing thoughts that have changed my life. Feel free to check it out and let me know if there are any thoughts I missed that have changed your life. Have a beautiful Wednesday!

Tagged:

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I want to be you when i get older! I love this so much, Shelby! When you admitted to stealing thoughts at the beginning, I do that too, and it reminds me of something my friend says all the time which is take what's yours, leave what isn't. We're all going to have different things that work and don't work, so borrow relentlessly from other people, some parts of what they do might work for you, others won't. These were all such good reminders. I struggle a lot with not feeling like I'm behind, and that ultimately I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, even if life doesn't look the way I planned.

August 24, 2022
  • Tiny89Transplant Patient

Hello Shelby,

My name is Tonya and at times I feel a little overwhelmed. I am a 28 year transplant recipient, waiting for another transplant and work full time, family and other things going on. Yes I want to find ways to keep myself busy so I can stop thinking about what I have to go through. I pray, mediate and been trying to start a journal. I really want to start a non-profit to help others understand about donating.

August 24, 2022
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

OH my goodness! Me too on the feeling behind. It's such a tricky one to get stuck in. I was talking with someone yesterday and she was describing thinking about the relationship you have with thoughts. Who knew? I've been doing this, but didn't realize it. I think my relationship with "I'm so behind" has evolved over the years because at first, I just believed it, then I started questioning it, and then now I see it (when it shows up) with compassion. Because I do have something to grieve from the life I thought I would have. One thing I do know, is that when I believe it, I never feel good about myself. And I like feeling good about me! Love you @AliEm14

August 26, 2022