Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Selena Gomez Documentary

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
November 7, 2022 in Kidney

Has anybody watched the Selena Gomez documentary yet? I haven’t, but I’ve been hearing so much about it! Specifically linked to people are shocked that her transplant isn’t a forever fix, that she will not have biological children due to the medication she’s on and her bipolar diagnosis.

I get being in Hollywood is incredibly hard on someone’s mental state anyway but I also wonder if being a transplant patient ties into that, since a lot of our meds come with intense mental health side effects.

I have it on my watch list but just curious if any of you have seen it. I’d love to hear your thoughts!

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

What? I have not heard of this! I've got to put it on my to-watch list. I feel like Selena Gomez is the only celebrity that people really talk about who is a transplant recipient (although I know there are more). I'm sure the medications are definitely impacting her mental health for sure.

November 7, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Sarah Hyland is another big one, from Modern Family. She's talked about her kidney transplants quite a bit. I just find it interesting these high profile celebrities mention their transplants, and as a recipient I think they've been quite transparent about the process but there's still so many misconceptions and assumptions made about what its actually like that aren't at all true

November 7, 2022