Kidney/Pancreas — TransplantLyfe

Kidney/Pancreas

6 yrs post Kid/Panc and just lowered Tacro 1 mg!

HaraldTransplant Patient
November 11, 2022 in Kidney/Pancreas

I went for monthly blood work and when results came back talked with my Nephrologist and Transplant Team about just out of range Creatinine and BUN numbers! They consulted and have reduced my Tacrolimius dosage by 1 mg Daily. My body likes my Gift Organs and will repeat Labs at end of month to check levels again!! Doing all I can to protect my Gifys and control side effects pf the medications💙💚🎁💪🎯

Tagged:

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

• ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

@Harald , that's incredible! I always love when my body is doing well and I can decrease my meds. I'm so glad you're doing well. <hugs>

November 14, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

That’s amazing!

Are you on any other immunosuppression meds or just tacro?

November 14, 2022
  • HaraldTransplant Patient
    November 14, 2022
  • HaraldTransplant Patient

Yes 750 mg Mycophenalate AM and PM with the 2 organs I do not think that will ever change

November 14, 2022
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

Yay!! My tac dose has recently lowered as well. I was so scare at first and then my labs got even better. It’s incredible. So happy for you!

January 19, 2023
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

I always love when I get to take LESS meds! That's amazing.

January 19, 2023
  • VegasrailsTransplant Patient

Think I got ahead of myself, 2 months ago my tacolimus went down to 1.5 mg twice a day, along with my Vitamin D3 down to 2000 units daily. Bit concerned but felt fine, but on my last month labs my magnesium was increased 400 mg x2 3 times daily. I'm 3 years post transplant.

April 30, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Vegasrails wow! I always find it strange when it’s been so long post transplant and my meds need to be adjusted. I know it’s normal but it’s a mind trick for me.

i hope you’re able to go back to a stable place soon. Keep us posted!

April 30, 2023