General — TransplantLyfe

General

Fitness challenge

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
September 3, 2024 in General

I started it yesterday and living it so far!!

been walking where I normally drive to, running sprints, doing sit ups and pushups, lifting the medicine ball, biking, jumping jacks and today - tennis!

can’t wait for tmrw - love a challenge and only issue is how much to fit into one day!

fun part is my daughter enjoys it too!!

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

• TServoldTransplant Patient

Yes!! Me too, I did a workout with my son today. He is an aspiring catcher in baseball and playing at a higher age level this year so we are really focused on strength for him. Teaching strength without using weights for a 9 year old little boy is a challenge, but we are really enjoying the competition between the two of us.

September 3, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

@Karin and @TServold Great job! I love hearing all the different ways that people are doing for the Fitness Challenge. Can’t wait to hear what you have planned for today

September 3, 2024
  • That's awesome that you're taking on the fitness challenge and including your daughter too. It's great that you guys are keeping active together and having fun with it.

September 4, 2024
  • dlatchisonTransplant Patient

Love this! I did another spin class but this time via the Peloton. It was only 15 minutes, but I'm always amazed at how much better of a headspace I'm in afterwards. :)

September 5, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I love that for you! I hate spin with a passion. I've tried it a few times thinking I'd love it and I just never did. I'm much more of a yoga/dance person. But I am trying to embrace new things with this challenge so who knows, maybe I'll give a spin class another go

September 5, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

@AliEm14 , I am the opposite of you. I try and do yoga for my mental health. Forcing myself to sit down and be with my own thoughts also just messes with me. I'm not a coordinated person so dance is out of the question. I was once asked to leave a dance/yoga class because my lack of coordination was distracting 😂. I love to ride my bike, and spin classes are super fun; challenging as all get out though. Way to go @darth_james !

September 5, 2024

I think it truly depends on what you're hoping to accomplish and—maybe most importantly—where you go! Some spin studios have amazing communities that are supportive and non-competitive versus other mainstream ones (i.e. SoulCycle) that might feel more hierarchical. I always recommend looking into local, small boutique studios. I've always had great experiences with Cyclebar!

September 5, 2024

Also, if you're up to vibe with some good tunes and want to do a bit of choreography while focusing on how your body moves, I can't recommend spin enough. Many studios will do shorter, introductory classes as well.

Almost nothing beats being in the beat of the music with a supportive community on the bike for me. I love it!

September 5, 2024