General — TransplantLyfe

General

Fitness Activities Suggestions

Ldybug97Transplant Patient
September 2, 2024 in General

List any activities or exercises that you are doing to help others with the Virtual Fitness Challenge. Don’t forget to post pictures so that we can see your progress. You can also mention @lyfebulb in your Instagram story and we will share with our community.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• Ldybug97Transplant Patient

I’ve chosen to walk 45 minutes in the morning on the treadmill and 45 minutes at night on the treadmill. I go to physical therapy three days a week which is about 10 different exercises that are 30 times each. I also have found dance videos on YouTube that I’ve been learning how to do. By the end of this week you’ll get to see one of my dance videos.

September 2, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Ldybug97 ok you’re making me look like a slacker!

my goal is just to move daily. With a dynamic illness and huge fluctuations in how I feel day to day, I think something is better than nothing. Even if it’s 1 minute of stretching. My goal is to add in Pilates 2 days a week on my good days, and I’m always up for a good dance party!

September 3, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

@AliEm14 My physical therapist doesn’t negotiate with me so i don’t have any other choice. He said he wouldn’t push me past my limits but he knows I can do it so he sets the bar high. Moving daily is key

September 3, 2024
  • Daily movement is so important. Don't forget to also listen to your body and take rest days when needed. Wishing you all the best in your recovery journey. 😀

September 11, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

yes! We spoke about this during our support group last night. What are ways we can move our bodies and make the accommodations we need? It doesn't always have to be all or nothing

September 11, 2024