Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

LOOKING KIDNEY DONER

Kidney4mohakTransplant Patient
September 10, 2021 in Kidney

Hi my name is mohak patel and I am 35 years old male. I am living in Jonesboro, Arkansas. USA. I AM LOOKING KIDNEY DONER FOR MY SELF AND MY BLOOD GROUP IS B+. I AM LISTED IN 2 TRANSPLANT CENTER. 1) UAMS HOSPITAL IN LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS. 2) Methodist hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. If anyone interested to donate kidney please let me know 🙏

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Have you looked into paired transplants or domino transplants? I know sometimes that can be an option, as well as just getting the word out to friends and family. I'm not in your area nor am I a kidney recipient so I may not be the best person to speak to this, but I always recommend checking with your transplant social worker for options that may work for you

September 15, 2021
  • Kidney4mohakTransplant Patient

I know about paired program. But I don't know about domino transplant. So can u explain me about that ?

September 15, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Kidney4mohak i’m not sure if they’re done a lot in the states (I’m in Canada) but the idea is a train of people (not just 2) where one person donates to another who donates to another and all the way around.

September 15, 2021
  • bhameisterTransplant Patient

Hello!

I posted this on another post, which may be a ways back, but have you considered "Advance donation-voucher program"? I have heard family members/close friends would donate for someone and they would get a kidney with the "voucher". I have put information below from UW Health's (Madison, WI) website. It could be something you look into to.

I hope you find a kidney! 😊

-Brittney

Advanced donation – voucher program

This type of donation happens if you are ready to donate now, but your intended recipient does not yet need a transplant but may in the future. It is a paired-exchange donation through the National Kidney Registry, but there is time between when you donate and when your intended recipient gets a kidney. A voucher will be provided based on the timing:

• Standard voucher: Given to your intended recipient who needs a kidney transplant within the next year.
    • Family voucher: Given to up to five intended recipients who will not likely need a transplant within the next year. If any of these five people ever need a kidney transplant, they would get a living donor kidney.

This type of advanced donation helps if you are ready to donate but have a window of time when you can donate. This could happen if you have a job like teaching, or if you have a life event that must be avoided, like a wedding or travel.

September 16, 2021

Do u have any one to donate kidney please let me know

September 16, 2021
  • bhameisterTransplant Patient

I am not able to due to a liver transplant and I don't know of anyone off hand that can donate. Like @AliEm14 said above, I would talk with you transplant coordinator/social workers or even your doctors about you options.

September 16, 2021

Ok . But I am not looking liver . I am looking kidney. Thank u for your help

September 16, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Kidney4mohak being a transplant recipient, even of a liver, means I am unable to donate a kidney to someone else. My process is very different than yours will be so for your specific situation it’s best to ask your social worker

September 16, 2021